)We make our home on the campus of Scripps College in Claremont, CA 45 minutes East of Los Angeles, which means we utilize state of the art classrooms and equipment for our specialties—sunny art studio, high tech theater, smart board classrooms and laptops.
- Modern, air conditioned dorms. 2 or 3 campers to a room with counselors supervising each hall
- Lounge on each hall for “cabin” time
- State-of-the-art classrooms
- Dining Hall with choices at each meal (all dietary needs accommodated
- Indoor and outdoor programming spaces for services, song sessions, and other activities
- Outdoor playing fields, swimming pool
Campers are housed in halls in our dormitory according to the gender with which they identify. Within the hall, campers are grouped based on grade (as of the following Fall) and their counselors are interspersed in rooms between their campers. These age clusters become the home base with which the campers will interact for most of the session (similar to a bunk or cabin at traditional camp). Counselors are in residence to supervise, mentor and engage their campers throughout the day, both when in the dorm and when at activities.
All campers are assigned to rooms of two or three and campers can request a roommate. We do our best to honor roommate request and make the best roommate pairings possible. Restrooms are located on the hall and have private stalls for both showers and toilets.
Campers clean their personal living space, with the help of their counselors, each day. Professional cleaning crews will clean public areas (such as bathrooms and hallways) on a regular basis throughout the week. Laundry service is provided once in the middle of each session and again during inter-sessions for campers staying multiple sessions.